Back when I launched The Suited Shootist blog I was working in a job that had a specific dress code. I was regularly wearing slacks, jackets, and tucked in shirts. Even now that I no longer have those professional requirements, I still regularly go placed where dressing like this is either appropriate or expected.
As you’d imagine, it can be challenging to conceal the type of handgun that most of us would prefer to have for defense (compact, double stack, semi auto).
Even if you can conceal it effectively, access is generally slowed because you’re having to clear a tucked in cover garment. So I’ve started playing with options that, while might not be quite as ballistically effective, are more accessible and can be brought to bear faster. Here’s the overall breakdown:
– Pistol: KelTec P32
– Holster: Ramora Pocket Holster mounted to a MDTS Pocket Shield made by Raven Concealment
– Pepper Spray: POM Industries
– Flashlight: Modlite Systems PHL-V2 18350 configuration with an RCS pocket clip
– Tourniquet: Tactical Medical Solutions SOF-T Wide
– Shirt & Jacket: Canali (through Poshmark for about 20 cents on the dollar)
– Pants: Dockers