Our panel tonight consists of –
- A YouTuber with a DIY attitude and dirt under his fingernails – Savage1r
- Retired Navy, advocate for women’s shooting, and blogger at HeelsandHandguns.com – Lil Chantilly
- Former Marine and owner of Rivers Edge Tactical – Jeremy Pozderac
- Precision rifle and barrel maker – Nick Lynch
- You know him, you love him, Our Media contact, the Machinegun Moses, Aaron Krieger
- My name is Shawn and I’m stoked to introduce our guest tonight, he…
is a firearms industry entrepreneur, instructor, contributor to the Personal Defense Network, firearms writer, avid student and the President & CEO of Allstar Tactical, Please welcome the inked up gunfighter, Mike Centola!
Second Call Defense
Common Myths! Last week we talked about homeowners policies. Now Aaron, you had a situation recently where you wished you had SCD?
Self Defense Insurance
Very few insurance companies are willing to provide any kind of insurance for using a firearm, even if it is justifiable self defense. Those who claim to provide such insurance may promise to cover you after a shooting, but the reality may not match the promise. After an extensive study of available policies across the U.S., we have found that these policies …
- May not pay anything until after an expensive trial and you are found not guilty.
- May have low limits on payments, sometimes as low as $5,000 total (which may barely cover a lawyer’s retainer fee).
- Offer no coverage for bail, so you may have to pay this yourself or spend considerable time in jail.
- Offer no reimbursement for lost wages, so you may find it difficult to pay bills while you’re in court defending yourself.
- May be a rider on another expensive policy you are forced to buy before you get any coverage.
- May have language in the fine print that prevents any support at all because the underwriter has no experience with the realities of firearms or criminal defense law.
Don’t wait until it’s too late. Please consider joining Second Call Defense right now. For a limited time get your first month free, go to http://welikeshooting.com/scd today.
- Bloomberg Starting Anti-Gun News Network: http://www.capitalnewyork.com/article/media/2015/05/8567578/bloombergs-gun-safety-sets-editorial-operation
- Hollis v. Lynch lawyer submitted “Stemple” letter showing ATF approval of post ‘86 transferrable machine guns: http://media.wix.com/ugd/c601ae_cd5d52b4635c4948ad0a05977fcc3ce9.pdf
- NRA admits mistakes with PAC Money: http://www.guns.com/2015/05/12/yahoo-nra-admits-mistake-in-federal-election-law-violation/
Tonight we are going to do We Like Shooting Theater sponsored by Manticore Arms. Where we re-enact movie scenes, our style. Tonight we will perform a scene from The Shining. Danny will be played by Nick, Wendy will be played by Jeremy, and Jack will be played by Lil.
DANNY: Red Rum. Red Rum. Red Rum.
WENDY: Danny. Danny, stop it. Danny!
DANNY: Red Rum. Red Rum. Red Rum. Red Rum.
[SOUND OF AXE STRIKING DOOR OFF]
JACK: Wendy, I’m home.
Jack: Come out, come out, wherever you are!
JACK: Knocks on the door
WENDY: Danny, I can’t get out!
WENDY: Run, run and hide. Run, quick!
DANNY: [sound of running away]
JACK: Little pigs, little pigs, let me come in!
JACK (at Bathroom door): Not by the hair on your chiny,
chin, chin. Then I’ll huff, and
I’ll puff and I’ll blow your house in.
(He swings axe back.)
WENDY: SCREAMS and screams again
WENDY: Jack. Please. Don’t… Don’t…
WENDY: Don’t! Oh! Please more screaming
WENDY: Jack! Stop it, Stop it!
JACK: (His face at is at gap in splintered door.)
JACK: Here’s Johnny!
WLS will be in Mount Carroll, Illinois on Sept 19th for the annual Bullpup shoot and I think Kelli Sampsel will be there with us! This event is free to the public and entry gives you the option to shoot all kinds of great guns from so many great vendors! Go to bullpupshoot.com to find out more!
Thanks to Manticore Arms and don’t forget you can get all kinds of awesome accessories for your rifles! Check out their new ALFA rails for your AK at ManticoreArms.com
Visit them at manticorearms.com to see their full product line and what they have to offer. Manticore Arms is a proud sponsor of the We Like Shooting show.
Please go to http://welikeshooting.com/manticore to say thanks!
where we talk about stuff that we have, want and need!
- savage1r: Lily Camera
- Aaron – Strike1 gun
- Lil –
- Jeremy- Smart Lock extended slide release, extended mag release, and magwell for XD’s
- Shawn – New gun lubes
- NickLynch – talon retention systems
Where will we, the firearms industry, be in 25 years?
I read a fun article, even though it was on Huffington Post. You can read it here.
- What was the industry like 25 years ago? 10 years ago?
- and MOST important to for this section – how will the demographics of the gun owner change? What about industry leaders?
We also have a new giveaway that is open to everyone. We are supporting C-SAEF and helping them raise money to protect children by training school staff to deal with emergencies. Once they hit their funding goal of $25,000 we are giving away a Larue Costa Edition AR-15 rifle with an Aimpoint T1, Surefire light and more valued at $3500.
It’s open to anyone, to enter, visit http://welikeshooting.com/safe
Please consider donating to help C-SAEF hit their goals!
- Write Lil a poem
- How they found the podcast
- patch and a sticker 5-6-2015
- Favorite guest
- 4-29 favorite guest
- Funniest moment
- 4/8 – Funniest moment on the show
- Best takeaway
- 4/22 favorite
- Rhyming review
- 4/15 Best Rhyming review
- A particular strange word –
- 4/1 Geronimo
Our sponsors are the best, but we couldn’t survive without our patrons! We’ll make you a deal, you agree to support us and we will send you cool stuff AND the best part is you get rewards back. We’ve given away 2 rifles, a Canik TP9-SA, a Tokarev, a SCCY CPX-2, a suppressor and 200 bucks for the tax stamp in the last 6 months!
Tonight we give away an AR-15 build kit from the Sonoran Desert Institute!
Find out more at http://welikeshooting.com/pledge
Also thanks to everyone that has interacted with us! If you would like to correspond with us please
- Email us questions, comments, or insults at firstname.lastname@example.org,
- leave us feedback on iTunes,
- comment on our show website – welikeshootingpodcast.com,
- We Like Shooting on Facebook
- We Like Shooting on Twitter
- We Like Shooting on Google+
- We Like Shooting on Instagram
- We Like Shooting on YouTube
- We Like Shooting on Pinterest
- We Like Shooting on Reddit
- Clash of clans and boom beach
Please support our advertisers, DEZ Tactical Arms, Manticore Arms, Second Call Defense and the Sonoran Desert Institute.
Thanks to our syndication partners:
- Easy Bake Gun Club
- AR-15 Gun Owners of America
- Guns America
- warrior talk radio
- Iron Mike Magazine
Join a gun related advocacy group!
If you’re in crisis, text the word START to 741-741!
We’re here live every week on Wednesday nights and on demand every Thursday. Go to welikeshooting.com/show to subscribe!
Thanks for listening and shoot straight.
You can download or subscribe to our weekly show every Thursday at http://welikeshooting.com/show
If you’d like to watch live, our show broadcasts live every Wednesday night at 7:30PM (MT), watch it and chat with us at http://gunchannels.com/WeLikeShooting