The Commonwealth of Virginia has begun legislative process of gutting their Second Amendment rights. They banned firearms in the State Capitol in advance of this process already, curtailing Second Amendment advocates from being armed during their protesting of the very reasons they should be armed.
* SB22 and SB69 were combined and will now be sent forward for consideration by the full Senate. This will suffice to reinstate a law limiting Virginia residents to the purchase of one handgun per month.
* SB12 and SB70 were combined and sent forward. This will amount to a requirement for universal background checks.
* SB615, SB450, and SB505 were combined and sent forward as SB35, which will do away with state preemption and allow each locality to make its own gun control ordinances.
* SB240 was sent forward. This will legalize the removal of firearms from someone’s house without due process — a.k.a. red flag laws.
* SB16, known as the “assault weapons ban,” has been killed and will not move forward. However, there’s been a recent rash of support for HB961, which is in effect the new “assault weapons ban” that the governor is supporting. It is probably worse overall, and includes a clause by which “assault weapons” may be “grandfathered” in exchange for registration.
Zenith’s Facebook page has a succinct recap of the efforts so far. Since Michael Bloomberg bought and paid for the state to the tune of a few million bucks the newly empowered anti-gun democrats are going all in to pass assault weapon bans, carry restrictions, magazine restrictions, red flags, and anything else they can in the name of ‘gun safety’.
It might be a little awkward to explain to all those green localities how you just did the things they all told you not to do.
If you’re in Virginia, keep writing and being vocal about the opposition. It couldn’t be clearer this is a bought and paid for attempt to curtail the Second Amendment in a location previously strong on that right. This is a testbed, a chance to see if they buy the legislature and stack it what will happen?
Also beware, the anti-gun forces stacking this heaping pile of gun control onto the Virginias would like nothing more than a pro-gun ‘extremist‘, or someone who looks close enough, to pop off and do something stupid. Get in a fight… punch a congressional rep or aid…. or draw a gun.
Be careful. Keep your heads on and stay civil. Don’t be the one.