Ok this is a duh moment. These combat bands will give you many of the advantages of stippled grips as well as serve as a way to attach a tourniquit to your kit or secure your sling. I am seeing products hit the market at 5 -10 times the price of the SOB Combat Bands that do nothing better. I have seen multiple instructors teach about using hair ties or the types of rubber ands used on lobsters to secure loose gear. I can’t believe I never thought about using it on a grip though as a way to increase grip.
Simple and versatile–exactly how we like our gear, and single mom “dancers”. Mad Duo
Combat Bands from SOB Tactical
John McPhee is a man full of good ideas, and most of them are pretty damn simple. After spending more than twenty years in the U.S. Army, he’s figured out what works, what’s a gimmick, and generally favors simple gear that can be used for multiple tasks. One such item that fits his standard is the Combat Band sold here.
Combat bands are pretty straight forward; they’re lightweight rugged elastic bands with a multitude of uses, which primarily help the user retain gear and gain grip traction. The bands are made of high-temperature silicone, helping them survive hot weapons and extreme cold. You can use them to add a gripping surface to your pistol or forearm, or as an index marker on your buttstock to find a repeatable cheek weld. Unlike old rigger’s or ranger bands, they will not degrade under harsh use and exposure to the elements. Many use SOB Tactical Combat Bands to secure their rifle sling when not in use, to allow snag-free egress in and out of vehicles. Offered in basic black and desert tan, you can pick up a pack of combat bands without breaking the bank. They are idiot-simple, and the only limit they have is your imagination.
Below is a list of possible uses. If you have any to add, please list them in the comment section below! Check out SOB Tactical for the pinnacle in firearms training, and other useful gear.
The uses for these bands are endless:
- Place on your buttstock or handguard to keep slings secured
- Use as index point on your buttstock for proper cheek weld
- Keep a length of 550 cord from turning into a rat’s nest
- Mark your beer and or Whiskey bottle
- Use on your PVS-14 to take out the wobble
- On hand guard to avoid heat/add traction
- On hand guard to manage tape switches/wires
- On pistols for increased grip
- Silence your weapons cleaning gear roll
- Cluster chemlights
- Roll up your jacket for your backpack
- Secure your tarp/poncho/groundcloth
- Place foliage over your sniper rifle or scope
- Loop though MOLLE webbing to hold gear/tourniquets
- Place on rifle magazines for more traction/remove clatter
- Roll up pack straps/webbing and secure
Let us know what you like to use them for in the comments
Mad Duo, Breach-Bang& CLEAR!
Emergency: Activate firefly, deploy green (or brown) star cluster, get your wank sock out of your ruck and stand by ’til we come get you.
Source Article from http://www.breachbangclear.com/combat-bands-from-sob-tactical/