AUSTIN, TX — A Girl & A Gun Women’s Shooting League (AG & AG) proudly announces the winners of the 2nd Quarter 2018 League Match. This quarter’s course of fire included 18 rounds total at an AG & AG Match Target #2. This was a Limited Vickers match with no more than 6 rounds per string. Shooters began at a low ready with finger outside of the trigger guard using centerfire pistols with no scopes or laser sights. Shots were fired in this order:
- String 1 (6 rounds in magazine) – Starting with the top green divided square, shoot 4 shots: 1 shot in each of the 4 small squares. A 3 second penalty will apply for each square without a shot. Shots touching the black line between squares will count for whichever doesn’t have a shot. Squares do not need to be shot in the order shown; just resulting in 4 shots for 4 squares. Then transition to the paddles and shoot 1 shot in the top blue paddle then 1 shot in the top green paddle.
- String 2 (6 rounds in magazine) – Starting with the 2nd blue divided square, shoot 4 shots: 1 shot in each of the 4 small squares. A 3 second penalty will apply for each square without a shot. Shots touching the black line between squares will count for whichever doesn’t have a shot. Squares do not need to be shot in the order shown; resulting in 4 shots for 4 squares. Then transition to the paddles and shoot 1 shot in the 2nd green paddle then 1 shot in the 2nd blue paddle.
- String 3 (6 rounds in magazine) – Shoot 2 shots in the green frame and 1 shot in the large blue circle. Shoot 2 shots in the blue frame and 1 shot in the large green circle.
Our 2018 Quarterly Match series is going strong!! Competitors were offered an opportunity to choose a division for the match: Irons or Optics. All 83 competitors ladies opted to shoot centerfire pistols with iron sights. Next quarter, members can shoot the match with centerfire and rimfire pistols. Maybe some will enter more than once so they can shoot both types!!
The Irons Division winners are:
- 1st Place Irons – 16.40 seconds – Cynthia Blankenship – Prescott Valley, AZ Chapter
- 2nd Place Irons – 25.35 seconds – Cheryl Fordyce – Tallahassee, FL Chapter
- 3rd Place Irons – 34.43 seconds – Julie Godfrey – Centennial, CO Chapter
Facilitator Irons Division winner is:
- Katrina Reed – Tallahassee, FL Chapter
Sheila Hooker of League City, TX was the “Middle of the Pack” winner and will receive a Gift Certificate as her award.
The Chapter winners include:
|Cynthia Blankenship||AZ – Prescott Valley||$7|
|Peggy Schroeder||CA – High Desert||$21|
|Diane Kirkland||CA – San Diego||$7|
|Kathy Smith||CA – Vista||$35|
|Julie Godfrey||CO – Centennial||$14|
|Kimberly Padro||FL – Space Coast||$49|
|Cheryl Fordyce||FL – Tallahassee||$14|
|Michelle Einstein||MN – Osseo||$21|
|Tara Fritz||MS – Midsouth||$14|
|Jennifer Lehman||OH – Dayton||$28|
|Janet Bryan||OH – Obetz||$21|
|Kelly Brown||OK – Oklahoma City||$21|
|Diane Farnella||PA – Laurel Highlands||$14|
|Reba Hennigan||TX – Beaumont||$7|
|Cheryl Boen||TX – Cypress||$28|
|Margaret Gable||TX – League City||$119|
|Kimmy Gross||TX – New Braunfels||$14|
|Brandy Friend||TX – San Antonio||$21|
|Judy Reese||TX – Snook (College Station)||$7|
|Barbara Hodge||VA – Richmond||$14|
|Sue Brozovsky||VA – Roanoke||$14|
|Julie Fingeroos||WI – Saukville||$49|
The Quarterly Match is a nationwide competition among members of A Girl & A Gun Women’s Shooting League. Facilitated during a regularly scheduled event, such as a Girl’s Night Out, shooters are able to experience a competitive atmosphere: understanding the course of fire, match commands, operation of the shot timer, and scoring. The match allows new shooters to overcome mental barriers to participating in competitive shooting and gives experienced shooters the ability to test their skills in a casual, familiar environment. Winners of the match receive cash prizes based on the number of participants, and of course, bragging rights among the chapters. Learn more at https://www.agirlandagun.org/quarterly-match/
SOURCE ARTICLE: https://www.agirlandagun.org/2nd-quarter-match-winners-announced/